Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 24: Running + Plyometric Cardio Circuit + Walking

Today was an active day!!!

It's Friday, so that means working and doing a seated aerobics class.  It is not very vigorous (since it is for assisted living seniors and seniors with Alzheimer's), but it is something.  Right after work, off to school for some running!

Running:  Treadmill times at school!

~ Average speed:  5.8 mph
~ Minimum speed:  3.5 mph (1 min walk in between miles)
~ Maximum speed:  8.5 mph
~ Total time:  23 min, 37 sec
~ Total distance:  2.29 miles
~ Calories burned:  266 kcal

Then it was time for some Insanity at home!!!

Plyometric Cardio Circuit:  Fun workout.  2nd most difficult from Month 1.

Today's workout was FUN!  I was really pumped up to do it.  Maybe it was the strange weather... driving in the OC with full sunshine while it was raining and pouring cats and dogs.  Also very humid today.  California (where I am) is usually very dry (which I like).  T_T for humidity.

But!  Today I was pumped up!  As soon as I arrived home, it was onto Insanity.

Exercises I enjoyed:

My favorite parts are the "extras" Shaun T throws in at the end of the 3rd set of each exercise circuit.  The first set ends with "scissor jumps" (in which you switch your feet forward and backward like a pair of scissors), followed by "wide football sprints"... I've mentioned these before.  LOVE!

The second set ends with jab punches, Cross Jacks, uppercuts, and palm strikes.  Fun times.  I have so much fun with these.  Cross Jacks are nice because I get sick of being in the push-up plank position by then, so jumping around is fun.

Exercises with difficulty:


I always have a couple exercises that kill me.  Today was the same as always...!  Level 1 drills!  It's the push-ups!  Just fatigued out.  Then this makes it difficult to do "ski abs" and "in-outs abs" since they're both in push-up plank position the entire time.  UGH.  wah.  


Night-time = fair times... so lots of walking.  Brisk walking too.  I hate being stuck behind slow moving people.  We were also on a mission to find Clam Chowder.  We arrived at the fair about 9:00p... found the chowder at 11:20p!!!  But!  We found it!

Walking:

~ Total time:  ~1.5 hours?
~ Total distance:  ~4 miles
~ Calories burned:  ~400 kcal



We were seriously walking like mad people searching for that chowder.  2 people on a mission!  Mission success!

゚・:,。゚・:,。★゚・:,。゚・:,。☆゚・:,。゚・:,。★゚・:,。゚・:,。☆゚・:,。゚・:,。★゚・:,。゚

So I would rank the difficulty level of the main 3 workout DVDs of Month 1 Insanity like so:
Most difficult:  Pure Cardio ~ NON-STOP craziness
Medium:  Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Least difficult:  Cardio Power & Resistance

Maybe Plyo Cardio Circuit and Cardio Power & Resistance are about tied?  Maybe.

I think I might be getting used to DVDs... I still am tired while doing it... but maybe the shock factor is gone.  I know what exercises are coming next so I am mentally prepared to perform.  It isn't like the first week when my body was saying "What are you doing to me???"  Now it knows.

Pure Cardio is the only one with so many exercises, that I forget what's coming next since there is no break and the next exercise keeps coming.


Getting late and need to be up early!!!

Tomorrow is Cardio Recovery!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment