Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 44: Max Interval Circuit + Walk/Run

Pre-Insanity, it's walking time!

Walk / Run
Total time: 35 minutes
Walk time: ~ 30 min
Run time: ~5 min
Total distance: 2 miles
Walk distance: 1.5 miles
Run distance: .5 miles
Calories burned: ~200 kcal


It's Insanity tiiiimeeee...!

Max Interval Circuit


Wow!  Today was ultra fun!  For some reason... exercises seemed easier!  I was still tired, but I found with myself with more energy during certain exercises that were really tough the week before.  I also surprised myself with my endurance.

Warm-up
The switch kicks and side to side abs usually kill me during the warm-up.  Today I was able to do both exercises during a majority of the time.  That surprised me a lot!  Maybe because of the accomplishment felt from the warm-up, my workout intervals were pushed hard.  I dug deeper!  lol  XD


Let's switch up the reviews!  Let's review the workout by interval!

Interval #1
:: Pedal runs + 4 lunges / Ski abs + Push-up Jacks + In-out abs + Oblique Push-ups / Power  Strikes / Frog Jumps
Wooo!  My first set was awesome!  Was able to complete almost all repetitions!  Then came set 2... and set 3!  I did pretty awesome during this.  I was surprised I was able to do so many Frog Jumps.  Most trouble was with the Push-up jacks and Oblique push-ups!



Interval #2
::  4 High Hooks + 4 Low Hooks + 4 Jumpropes / High-Knee with Oblique Twist / Hi-Lo Jabs with Squats / Floor Switch Kicks
Don't know what I ate/drank or if I was spiked with something... but my Jump Ropes were awesome today!  I did every single repetition and during the second and third set, I actually was ahead of Shaun T's count.  I was awesome!  Surprisingly the Floor Switch Kicks weren't as bad as last week.  I was actually able to jump instead of just kicking!  I gave a goal of 20 switch kicks before I was allowed to take a break.  I was happy with my second interval!


Interval #3
:: Side Suicide Jumps / Squat Hooks / Full Body Drills / Plank Punches
The Side Suicide Jumps weren't so bad today!  Surprisingly the Squat Hooks were.  I always laugh when they when they show the shaved head guy doing this exercise (I think in set 2?).  Oh maaan... Full Body Drills.  Those moving push-ups!  I don't even remember doing them.  I was pretty beat by then, but had to really dig.  I was surprised how hard I was able to push through Plank Punches!

Good workout today!



After Insanity, it was time for more walking/running! Half and half. Legs felt pretty jello-y after Insanity today!

Walk / Run 2
Total time: 15 minutes
Walk time: ~ 10 min
Run time: ~5 min
Total distance: 1 mile
Walk distance: .5 miles
Run distance: .5 miles
Calories burned: ~100 kcal

Tomorrow is Max Plyometric Intervals (I think!)  Too lazy to look at the calendar.  XD  Did awesome today though!  Gonna work hard tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment