Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 2: Pure Cardio

This workout isn't overall "difficult" per say... but doing it 24 hours after completing "Plyometric Cardio Circuit" is difficult.

 After a certain points "high knees" were not happening --> during the mountain climbers and during the jumps.  I also had trouble with the push-ups in between the burpees because my chest and tris are sore from yesterday's workout.  I have a pretty weak upper-body since I hurt my shoulder last year.  Only beginning to strengthen now.

Jumps at the end were difficult as well.  Again ~ wouldn't be much of a problem if I wasn't sore... but I guess this is what they call "hell week" right?  Remember hell week?  We used to have those in high school sports.

Basically a microcycle of either 1-2 weeks of pure hard work:  muscle building, hypertrophy, strengthening, beat you til you're too tired to walk/move.  Then... boom!  Supercompensation!  I am superwoman and I can jump over cars.  

Yes.  I did use the word supercompensation.
Read more about it.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercompensation 

So I'm guessing after the second week's rest period, this will not be as bad, and I won't be as wimpy as I am now. 


Video time!


I decided to videotape myself doing the warm-up.  The warm-up is the same for each work-out (mostly).  I recorded myself doing 2/3 of it.  Why only 2/3?


The format of the warm-up is a series of exercises completed in 3 sets consecutively.  The challenge is that with each set, the next set is performed faster.

So the final third of the warm-up is just another repeating set of what you see, except faster.



I told you earlier:  This workout is no joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment