Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 3: Cardio Power & Resistance

Calves still dying.  It amazes me how much the mind carries over the body.

Physically I feel soreness and a bit of pain in my calves.  So bad that It's difficult to walk normally until I warm-up for a while.

But!  Once the DVD starts, I feel a bit like a machine.  Like whoa, I'm jumping when he tells me to jump.

My thoughts?  This workout wasn't too difficult.  The warm-up was a little different and easier from the Plyometric Cardio and Pure Cardio.

The intervals were only about 2 minutes long, so there were plenty of breaks in between.

The exercises I had difficulties with were:

  • Walking push-ups - again, weak upper body T__T  slowly but surely, it will be stronger
  • Hurdle jumps - I was able to jump, but stiff calves made it a little difficult
  • One-legged tricep push-ups/dips - Calves were killing me on this one, so I attempted, then continued with standard tricep dips.  
So to make this more interesting!  Here's a poorly lit video (darn back-light) of me doing the first set of exercises after the warm-up for Cardio Power & Resistance!  Next time I'll be sure to video in the master bedroom instead of the living room.  (likes the TV in here better though)

You'll notice I'm not moving very fast.  Again, this is the first set of exercises.  This repeats two more times and speeds up with each set.  



*** Funny note:  you can see my bro and aunt hanging out in the bg... and my bro was eating pizza.  Yes.  baking then eating a pizza while I was working out.  Then my aunt came over with chicken and pork adobo!  Torture!

No comments:

Post a Comment