Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 3: 2nd Lunch

Some people think it's funny when I say "1st lunch" or "1st dinner"... but it's true!  Normally I eat about 4-5 small meals a day.  If you've noticed, I usually intake about 300-400 calories per meal.  Unless I go out of my home, then my meals are a little limited.

Today's 2nd lunch is... left-overs!

2nd Lunch:  Check last night's dinner.  Eaten about 10 minutes post work-out

Food:  1/3 canned Sanma (70 kcal), 1/2 cup steam rice (100 kcal), and 2 tbsp pickled radish (6 kcal?)

Calories:  176 calories

After that, I sliced up the 2nd half of a watermelon sitting in the fridge and... ta dah!


LOVE LOVE LOVE watermelon!

This one is perfect too.  So sweet, but not soft.  We killed the other half and I've been meaning to cut this up... so after I finished eating 2nd lunch... bam!

Yum.  Ate 2 pieces of this.

Calories:  ~46 kcal

Then I saw this drink in the supermarket.  I love it. It tastes delicious.  Plus it's acai!


Sambazon Organic Acai drink "Supergreens" type.  Yum.  They trick you though!

Always read the labels.  I can't stress enough:

Number of servings:  1.3
Calories per serving:  140 kcal

So if you don't read the "number of servings part"... you don't realize you just ingested an extra 47 kcal!  Don't be fooled!

So total calories is actually 187 kcal for bottle.


I drank almost the entire thing.  Saved maybe 1/3 left... so let's say that I drank only 150 kcal for that.

Total calories this meal was:  372 kcal

See?  300-400 calorie range.

I am not a big calorie counter actually, but I thought if I blogged about meals, then I might as well post about them as well.  I usually only eat to before full, and eat pretty slowly (unless it's shaved ice).  I do think reading labels is very important.  Maybe I'll make a post about that next week.


Now it's time for a shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment