Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 11: Cardio Recovery + Jay Johnson's Boot Camp Abs

Ahhh ~ cardio recovery!

This is a nice workout... mostly because it isn't insane like the other workouts!  I still was sweating like crazy.  Metabolism and body just start sweating!  It was dripping down my face.  Here's quick breakdown of what happened today.

Stretching, isometrics, slow movements

The toughest part was after completing 16 squats, then "holding" the position.  Killer part!  Once the pulsing started, then it wasn't bad... isometrics!  *dies*  It repeats again with the lunges...

Which to note is a little confusing in the DVD.  He keeps switching up the words "squat" and "lunge"... they are back to back in the progression, but he'll use them interchangeable ~ must be an accident.

P.S. I hate table-top plank position.  My triceps are going through some serious hypertrophy right now... *dies* I should probably watch my diet from now on... but just gotta tighten it up!

After the workout, I felt a little unsatisfied... so I turned on the "Time Warner Cable's On Demand" and did a quick 10-minute abdominal workout with traditional crunches/bicycles/switchkicks/etc.

It was from Jay Johnson's Boot Camp Fitness.  Prior to Insanity, I did his cardio boot camp workouts on the television when I wanted something different.  One of his mottos is "Crawl, Walk, Run." which I really like.  It's like Insanity, always give your 100% and do what you can.

The 10-minute abdominal workout was what I needed.  I wanted to go running a bit after working out, but got a call for dinner... so... that was that!  Realized also after the call that I was hungry!

Off to shower then dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment