Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 18: Meals 1 + 2 + snack + 3... and bike riding!

Long day!  Tired thighs!  Almost immediately after Insanity and showering, got picked up to go to Huntington Beach for a birthday party!

On the way there, we stopped by Target to get a gift card and luckily there was a Starbucks... so I was able to get breakfast!

Breakfast:  Perfect Oatmeal with dried fruit, assorted nuts... and they ran out of brown sugar... so sorry, no brown sugar, but luckily still delicious!

Food:  1 cup oatmeal (140 kcal), 1 serving nuts (100 kcal), 1 serving dried fruit (100 kcal)

Calories:  340 kcal

The dried fruit was enough sweetness for this perfect oatmeal!  Only $2.45 + tax also!  Yay!


When we arrived, the birthday party consisted of us riding a bike about 4.65 miles to our destination.  This sucks if you're tired after doing Cardio Recovery and Cardio Abs + working out the night before... but!  It wasn't so bad.

Biking

Total distance:  ~9.30 miles
Total time riding:  ~ 55 minutes (30 there, ~25 back)
Total calories burned:  ~195 kcal

Yay for extra calories burned!!!  Makes me feel not so guilty about eating so much.  But still a little guilty ^^;

Here is the map that we rode (approximately) to our destination for lunch and alcohol (which I did not drink!)

Our destination was a sports bar called Sharkeez in Newport Beach, CA!

The birthday boy wanted to watch the UCLA football game and get beer... this place was here, so yup!
Lunch:  Hamburger + fries + chips & salsa

Food:  1/2 Hamburger (175 kcal), 1/2 order french fries (140 kcal), chips & salsa (100 kcal)

Calories so far:  755 kcal

Lucky I shared my meal with someone.  I seriously don't know how people can eat an entire hamburger.  That used to be me... but can't do it anymore without coma-ing.

Afterwards, we went to a cool presentation about clean bio-fuel at Sustainable Now Technologies (SNT).  Can't tell you their secrets, but it was really cool!  Plus they fed us organic and vegan snacks!!!  I would have taken photos, but I left my phone in the car f(>_<) oops.

Snack:  Kale chips, macadamia nut vegan cookies, mini pistachio vegan cupcake, sushi (california roll and asparagus tempura roll), finger veggies (snap peas, broccoli)

Food:  Kale chips (5 kcal), 2 mini cookies (~100 kcal), 1/2 mini cupcake (~35 kcal), 1 california roll (37 kcal), 2 asparagus tempura roll (76 kcal), finger veggies (20 kcal)

Calories so far:  1028 kcal

Onward to home and falling asleep... long day = almost falling asleep in the car.  Actually, I probably did.  I even took a 30 min nap when I got home.  When I woke up, I had 1/2 a can of this!

Dinner:  Campbell's Select Harvest Savory Chicken and Brown Rice Soup

Food:  1 serving (1/2 can) soup (140 kcal)

Calories so far:  1168 kcal

After eating this, I wanted something sweet... so here comes sweetness!
After dinner drink/snack:  Safeway Select European Cafe Style Hot Cocoa

Food:  1 cup water + 3 non-heaping tbsp cocoa (~110 kcal)

Calories so far:  1278 kcal

Nice way to end off the night!  I was thinking about tea... but I saw this and it won!  It's been a long time since I've drank it!  Cold night = perfect to drink something warm ^^

Tomorrow is a busy day.  Cardio Power & Resistance, then another birthday party!!!  *ready to be sore*  Time to go hard to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment