Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 31: Walking, running, strength, and more walking and running

So hungry!

After work, I headed to the school gym to get my GTL on!  Well, just the "G" part.  Get my "gymmin" on!

Here's the workout breakdown!

Treadmill times!
(pre-lifting)
Total time:  29:51 min
Minimum speed:  3.5 mph
Maximum speed:  8.5 mph
Total distance:  2.5 miles
Total calories:  275 kcal

I did this much before lifting.  I wanted to make sure that I warmed-up properly.  But not exert myself too much before lifting.  I ran 1:1 intervals of [ 1 lap walking : 1 lap running ].  During my running portions, I would begin my run at 5.5 (or 6.0) mph, and each ~30 sec I would increase the speed to 6.0, 6.7, 7.2, 7.5, 8.0, or 8.5.  The increase in speed varied on my mood.

Weight Training

  • Exercise:  Lat Pulldowns (wide cable)
    • Set 1:  10 reps x 50 lbs
    • Set 2:  8 reps x 60 lbs
    • Set 3:  6 reps x 75 lbs (so weak! T_T)
  • Exercise:  Seated rows (hi-lo cable)
    • Set 1:  10 reps x 40 lbs
    • Set 2:  8 reps x 50 lbs
    • Set 3:  6 reps x 60 lbs 
  • Exercise:  Dead Lifts (barbell)
    • Set 1:  10 reps x 45 lbs
    • Set 2:  10 reps x 55 lbs
    • Set 3:  10 reps x 65 lbs
  • Exercise:  One-Armed Rows (dumbbell)
    • Set 1:  10 reps x 17.5 lbs
    • Set 2:  10 reps x 20 lbs
  • Exercise:  Back Extensions on Roman Chair
    • Sets x reps x weight:  3 x 15 x BW (body weight)

A similar workout from Tuesday's workout.  The main difference is that I didn't do close-grip lat pulldowns.  I wanted to, but the machines I wanted to use were taken.  =(  Next time!

So back onto the treadmill again!

Treadmill times!
(post-lifting)
Total time:  50:00 min
Minimum speed:  3.5 mph
Maximum speed:  6.0 mph
Total distance:  3.51 miles
Total calories:   393 kcal


I know!  I was on that treadmill for a while.  But!  I was watching Cesar Milan rehabilitate dogs in Australia on The Dog Whisperer!  I really wanted to know what happened.  I love watching this show!  It's almost like Cesar Milan has a magic power to talk to dogs and understand them.  I want a magic power.  Although I don't know what it would be.  Maybe Jean Grey's power... maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment