Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fit Test: Day 1

Switch Kicks:  150 kicks in one minute

I watched this one the DVD yesterday so I could be mentally prepared today.  I used to do martial arts (Taekwondo, Hapkido, and Wushu)... so quick kicks really aren't a problem.  The problem is that I haven't done martial arts in a few years.  So.... once I got to 100... I got pretty fatigued.  T__T  lack of endurance.  Fast-twitch muscles don't fail me now!

Power Jacks:  61 Squats

A jumping jack plus a squat!  One of my least fave exercises.  At the very least I did one per second.  So I don't feel so bad.

Power Knees:  113 knees (right knee)

Knees to belly button on the side.  Not bad, but only one side... so I felt lopsided after and had to do my left side.

Power Jumps:  51 jumps

This is no joke.  Especially after doing power knees and power jacks.  I did about 20 consecutively, then had to rest.  After I would bust about 10-15 more followed by rest again.  Until the one minute was over.  No joke!

Globe Jumps:  10 "around the worlds"

Serious?  I got to 9 then decided to rest (why?  mine was not being strong enough)... then realized I was winded so I just stopped.  After Shaun T said "do one more" I thought I can do 3 more in this time... but I had mentally stopped and only continued to do one more when there was 5 sec left on the clock.  Fail.

Suicides:  23 burpees

"Suicides" sound a lot more intense than "Burpees" right?  In tennis, we called sprints with directional changes "suicides"... so I'll call them burpees.

Push-up Jacks:  25 push-ups

Wide-push-ups plus a wide jump with the feet.  Push-ups have been my weak point the past year since I injured my shoulder last year.  Just recently I've been able to do full push-ups without pain... so!  I'm pretty proud.

Low Plank Oblique Knees:  70 knees

I think I could have gotten more... but I took my socks off halfway through.  Oops.  I kept sliding on my mat.  Oh well.  Next time!

Fit Test done!

For my first fit test, I am happy that my results were comparable to the "models/athletes" Shaun T had on the DVD.  I am a little disappointed in the fact that I know how "in-shape" I was when I was in training/athletic mode.  Hopefully this will motivate me to be more active!

No comments:

Post a Comment