Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 9: Pure Cardio

I feel really good about today's workout!  Completed it around 4:00p.

My warm-up was pretty kick-butt!  I was going really fast during the 3rd set and didn't fee ultra winded.  *proud*  I was really focusing on completing it strong.

Both Cardio Power & Resistance or Plyometric Cardio Circuit are "interval" workouts ~ meaning you get to take breaks in between sets of exercises, but you go max out.  Pure Cardio workout is approximately 16 minutes of non-stop exercises.  

Non-stop!

You can take a break, but you just jump back in when you're ready.

Exercises that killed me in this circuit:
~ Frog jumps -- I decided to change it from a squat to a "full squat" meaning you squat all the way to the floor for full range of motion (ROM).  If you can do a movement, you should strengthen it through the entire range of motion.  As long as you stay within the boundaries of safety.  Going to a full squat (as late as it is in the circuit)... was killer.
~ Push-up jacks -- ahhh!  upper body strength!  I would do 2, then keel over ^^;  I did my best though
~ Level 2 drills -- again with the upper body strength!  The "suicides" (burpees) and "floor sprints" (mountain climbers) weren't a problem... (well, too much), but the push-ups!  Just to keep going, I modified to knee-push-ups.  

Favorite exercises in this circuit:
~ Football sprints -- I really like these!  I think they're fun!  Even with all the jiggling ^^;
~ Hook punches + high knees to chest -- These were fun too XD

I was dying last week during Pure Cardio (because I was doing the wrong order of exercises), but this time it was lots of fun!

Tomorrow is Plyometric Cardio Circuit!

*a little worried cause already sore...*

No comments:

Post a Comment